Thursday, October 19, 2017

Ingrid's Sugar Cookies

Ingrid's favorite cookie is sugar.  This is her recipe.  I asked it she rolled them out and she said "oh, yes".    I wonder if one could make half a batch?
1 cup and scant half cup of flour
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 stick of real butter, softened
3/4 c of sugar (I am going to try a half)
1 egg (a bantie egg it will have to be as I can't half an egg very well
1 t vanilla
1/4 cup of sugar for rolling out
preheat oven to 350 degrees
line cookie sheet with parchment paper
mix flour etc set aside
mix sugar, butter, egg and vanilla
mix this with flour, make into balls, roll in sugar
bake 8 to 10 minutes, cool and enjoy



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

she does not roll them out. she rolls them in a ball and uses a fork like on peanut butter cookies to flatten them.

Galla Creek said...

Oops I rolled them out.
Took her 4 and she approved them.

Sister--Helen said...

I flatten mine with a bottom of a drinking cup dipped in sugar

Margie's Musings said...

You girls are just so clever. I use a walmart mix. :)

Galla Creek said...

I think Margie is the one that is clever!