Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother's Day

To save you, I will leave you!
Moses was left by his Mother in the Bulrushes. I can't imagine how she felt. Hush, little one don't cry! I think these are soft stem Bulrushes and not like the ones near where he was left.

 I had gotten myself a fern.  Larry got me a second.   He said it added balance.
 Laura got me the Impatient above and Larry the basket below.  My birds really like them.
 Best present is a good book.  Rick Bragg is a great writer.  Laura bought me his new book about his mother, the best cook in the world.  I have read one chapter.
 Sweet Asti brought me this plant for my kitchen window.  It says I am generous, intelligent, genuine...I hope I don't over water it.  Astrid loves succulents.  She ran in the Meet of Champs yesterday and finished 3rd.  This is a entire State track meet.  This ended her High School running career.  Her College coach was at the Meet watching!  When Astrid was not even in kindergarten, her day school would take each class to the gym.  Well, Astrid would run around and around the outside of the court the entire time they were in the gym.  Her teachers asked Laura what they should do--Laura said "let her run".  Next Saturday, she graduates!
I will not see Erin today as she is coming next Saturday for Astrid's big event.  I may get some more gifts.  I have hinted for a  new wind chime!
And...this little Finch sang to me early this morning, "Happy Mother's Day" he said!  I think the little finches are my favorite birds.

No comments: