Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Rose-Breasted Grosbeak!

 I guess the Grosbeak heard about me being all excited seeing the Oriole!  A pair came by this morning to grace my feeder.


 and the Orioles are still here.  I am going to take Sig to Jr High at 3:00.  I am picking up some cheap oranges as Amy~Patsy says the love them.
 I have another pretty Iris.  Some folks don't like the old time flowers but they are my favorites.  I think I need those tall Holly Hawks that Granny Renfroe loved and some Rose Combs.

2 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

Gilbert and I were sitting on my porch Monday morning it was the same time I sent those pictures to you. While we were sitting there two of those Goose beaks flew up and ate at my feeder Gilbert and I were both astonished cuz we don't remember ever seen one of those before and did not know what they are. Now we know I'll have to show brother he will get a laugh too. Sister told us what we wanted to know and we didn't even have to ask

Anonymous said...

Gigi-

I love the pictures of your birds. We have never had any Grosbeaks come to visit us.
I am a old time flower lover also. I want my yard to be filled with what I call
"Old Homestead" flowers. :) ~Amy-Patsy