Monday, July 19, 2021

Kay’s Painting


 I have a good friend, Kay, I’ve know over 50 years.  She took up painting when she retired.  I took up sitting.  This is her last painting.  It’s so good.  

Yesterday, we traveled to northern Pope county to visit another good friend, Mary Bourne.  We only got lost a couple of times.  Mary’s a young 93.  We had made a pact to only stay an hour.  Before we knew it 4 wonderful hours had slipped by.  We traveled back down  the mountain, past Shannon Cemetery, past the old town of Treat, crossed over Piney—richer than before.  If you have friends you haven’t seen in a while, go visiting.

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

Your friend is a real artist for sure. I can't even draw a straight line.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I really like your friend's painting. The face on the little girl carrying the pears is so serious and sweet. Your friend has become a very talented painter. I do folk art, but I don't think I could paint a face as well as she did.