Wednesday, October 5, 2022

RIP Loretta

 Loretta Lynn was born on April 14, 1932, in Butcher Hollow, Kentucky, to Clara and Ted Webb. Loretta was named after famed actress Loretta Young.  She had seven siblings.  I like this 1955 picture.  When the 1950 census came out, the marriage at 13 turned out to be a fib.  It was used to get attention to her story, she was very young when she married Mooney.  She wasn’t a favorite singer of mine but I always admired her spunk.  Her mantra was ”live without harming others”.   Hmmm, that sounds like Dolly!   RIP Loretta!

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

I actually tried to sing like her; she was quite an influence on me. And she is directly responsible for the way I stopped speaking proper grammar and started talking like a hillbilly; I wanted to talk like her! I still talk mostly in hillbilly-speak.

Galla Creek said...

She never denied her roots.