Tuesday, November 1, 2022

The Eagle Landed

The mightiest bird soared into Galla Meadow today. I watched from afar with wonder. I think this eagle must live near as I have spied it flying high near Crow Mountain several times. Laura asked Eric to check out what the eagle was devouring in the middle of the Meadow. He went out and reported the eagle had caught a raccoon. The eagle fought buzzards off the catch this afternoon and I watched the battles in awe. The buzzards were no match for the eagle. Hopefully, the eagle won't start eyeing my red hens!











 

3 comments:

Donna. W said...

Wow! I would love to have seen that. You got some great pictures of it, too.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Oh I hate them...we have so many, they congregate at the deer carcass that have been hit by cars and can clean one up in a day or two! They eat Loon babies too:( You can tell when that happens down at the lake you can hear the Loons crying. The crows always try to help the Loons by chasing the Eagles and swooping all around them.

Galla Creek said...

I guess it’s my red hens next. Be careful what you wish for….