Monday, March 13, 2023

Almost Wed


 Astrid and Logan went to Six Figures yesterday to check the area before next Saturday and the big I Do.  To get to Fuzzy Butt Falls you have to cross Falling Water Creek.  The water was pretty high so they choose to say their vows at Six Fingers.  It’s beautiful there.  Laura showed me Astrid’s dress.  It’s really nice.  It’s looks like her— simple lines.  

This is Fuzzy Butt and Six Fingers.  Both are beautiful places.  Astrid will wear boots with her pretty dress.  Mother of the bride and groom will be in jeans and hiking boots.  Eric will have to have water proof shoes to give his daughter away.  I keep thinking we’re not losing Astrid, we’re getting Logan♥️
While they were away yesterday, I kept hearing banging in the horse shed.  I heard it at 7 AM.  After Laura and I walked, I heard the sound again.  I walked over to check as I couldn’t see Merle.  She had tried to roll in the shed.  Her leg went through a wire panel and then behind a post.  When she tried to pull her hoof through, the panel pulled to the post and trapped her tighter.  She’d been this way for hours.  I needed help but knew I had to free her.  So all alone I worked her hoof out of the panel and then brought her leg back around the posts.  She lay so still and her eyes let me know she was glad I’d come to her aid.  After I got her leg untangled I called Laura to help me as she still couldn’t get up.  Merle’s leg had a big bloody scrape but I did not think it was broken.  It was her back leg.  She lay still. Laura stroked her head and I decided to go to the house and get medicine to doctor her leg.  I used that red antiseptic.  I poured a bunch on the leg.  Laura and I tried again to help her up.  She was too heavy for us.  Eric had arrived too by then.   Merle was frightened of him.  Merle finally stood.  She was so wobbly.  It was really muddy around the shed as we’ve have huge amounts of rain.  She made it through to high ground.  Laura and I knew she needed nourishment.  We came and loaded the trusty Mule with a bale of hay.  Also we used the Mule to move the feed bin.  She began eating right away.  I did not call Astrid and Logan as they were checking the wedding venue.  Laura called them later and when they got home they checked Merle.  Astrid said he leg had a nasty scrape but she was satisfied it wasn’t broken.  I told Laura that we were cowgirls for sure! 



6 comments:

Sister--Fleta said...

Two Cowgirls to the rescue.

Sister--Helen said...

It’s a good thing u hot her loose snd up

Sister--Helen said...

It’s a good thing u got her loose and up

Far Side of Fifty said...

Poor Merle I am glad you were able to help! :)

Margie's Musings said...

Thank goodness they were there to help that poor horse. She must have been very frightened.

~Amy-Patsy said...

So thankful you were there to come to Merle's rescue.
It is always a nice feeling when a person can help. Animals
are always so grateful when rescued.
~Amy-Patsy