Monday, March 6, 2023

Hand Pies

Laura made Logan apple hand pies for helping with my flat.  I got one too.  They were very good.

Fleta’s grandson Lane came through AR on his way to his new post.  He’s in the US Army and will be in Colorado for a while.  Emily rode out with him and will fly home after a few days helping him set up his apartment.  I think Lane is 27 and has been in his country’s service for almost 10 years.  He going to go for the entire show!  I guess they can still retire with 20 years.


 I took the truck to Walmart at 7 AM and got my tire fixed and the tires rotated.  Logan said to keep them a little longer.  We bought them in 2017.  I can’t complain about how they have performed.  Guess the flat one had a nail in it.  I was glad I bought the road hazard.  Cost nothing.  I had to wait 2 1/2 hours, but as Erin reminds me I really have nothing to do.  I took a book, crochet, and my phone so the time went quickly.  Only problem was going to the bathroom.  I don’t like using public restrooms.  I made it until I got home.  Morning coffee and a water while I waited added to my problem.

It’s 73 here.  What a day the Lord had blessed us with.  I walked after I got home.  Little wild flowers are popping up.  This is called a fairy spud—Virginia Spring Beauty.


1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

The hand pies look wonderful! Yes tell that young man that 20 years is great...more than that is good too! Health insurance alone makes it worth it and a retirement check at age 60:)