Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Bass Reeves

There’s a new tv show about Deputy Bass Reeves.  I just finished the latest book by Sidney Thompson.  The stories are based on a true events.  Since Bass Reeves was a Deputy for Judge Parker his arrests are documented.  Bass’ son killed his wife.  Bass brought him in alive.  Most of the posters said “dead or alive”.  The best stories are true. My favorite Pope County Library has this book.

From Wikipedia 

Bass Reeves (July 1838 – January 12, 1910) was a former enslaved person turned American lawman. He was among the first Black deputy U.S. Marshals, and the first west of the Mississippi River. He worked mostly in the Indian Territory.


 

4 comments:

Donna. W said...

What a coincidence! Cliff is watching the first of it now on Paramount (CBS streaming service) right now; we just ate dinner. I think he likes it already. I know he likes not having commercials with it.

Galla Creek said...

I can’t watch it. Only on paramount but I’d try it if I got paramount.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Maybe next winter we will subscribe and watch it.

Sister--Helen said...

I love the show