Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Simple Cookie Recipe


 Sister Fleta requested I post my cookie recipe.  Since I’m not the greatest cook, I’m smiling.  The dough part of my cookies doesn’t have lots of sugar so I feel I can have a couple with coffee and not be on a sugar overload.  

1/2 cup real butter (should be soft not melted)

1/4 cup white sugar

1/4 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon soda

Mix all this together with spoon.  I don’t use a mixer too much mess to clean up.  Mix it up til all absorbed together.

Add one egg and mix well

Add a cup and 1/4 of quick oats.  I’ve used whole oats but these cookies have ver little flour so the quick cook are best.

Add 3/4 cup of raisins, cranberries or dates.  

Add 1/4 cup of white vanilla chips

Mix all this up really well.

Last add 1/2 cup of flour.

I bake them on parchment paper.  Make balls the size of a walnut and squash down with your hand.  This only makes one pan about 12 to 16 cookies.

Bake at 375 for 14 minutes.

Sometimes I use caramel or butterscotch chips.  When I use them I use brown sugar instead of white.  I make sugar cookies same way.  No oatmeal, no chips or fruit.  I use 1/2 cup sugar and 1 1/2 cpus of flour in the sugar cookie.

So here you go Fleta—my simple cookie recipe.