Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Blessed Rain

Ingrid and Justin are wed.
Here’s my Marigold tub.  Sister Fleta gave the seeds.  I have to water everyday as the dirt is shallow.  It wasn’t a good choice for this container.

We were blessed with a little rain.  I mowed half the yard.  Today my walk was miserable.  It’s so humid after the rain.  When I went to my chicken pen, I saw a big copperhead in there by the coop. Helen gave me a shooting lesson with my 22 Ruger but there wasn’t time to get the gun.  He tried to strike me but I used the brush ax I keep back there.  I chopped him good.  I saw a King snake this spring back there but he hadn’t got the copperhead.  Astrid gave me snake repellent.  I will sprinkle it around.

Eric and Laura on the beach.  They are great kids.  Eric loves his family so much.  I’m glad Laura and I have him.  He’s steady!  Laura has been so anxious.  I hope she’s better now.  I’d just as soon Sigrid never got married. She’s a little, sweet jewel.  
 

I’m tiredof being responsible and will be glad when this beach trip is history.

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are so brave killing the snake! Maybe you need a holster for a pistol!
The flowers are pretty! Congratulations to the newlyweds!