Friday, June 14, 2024

Raise the Flag

Today I’m 75 - 1.  Next year will be a 3/4 100 for me.  Laura made me triple delight with lemon. It was good with my coffee. My birthday was tarnished for me when I discovered I shared it with president 45.  
 
My sisters and I are not rich, but perhaps we have more money than when we were teenagers.  Helen bought a second hand couch from someone at Eureka.  She washed the seat cushion and it ripped at the seam.  Bet she got to thinking about who had sat where she was sitting.  I love buying used stuff.  But I’m trying not to buy anything unless what I have is kaput.  My couch will last the rest of my life.  I like Helen’s choice as it makes her room look bigger because of the light color.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are 74 today

Galla Creek said...

Yes 75 - 1 = 74

Sister--Helen said...

Happy Birthday Sister I almost came to see you but I was just to lazy

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy 74th birthday! You are a year and three months older than me. However my husband was 74 in February. Your Lemon sweet looked really good. I am with you on buying furniture!