Friday, December 7, 2012

Keeping Up With...

the Adays.

I went this morning and bought the same camera Fleta bought.  Can't try it yet as I have to charge the battery. I got the neck strap on.  I had been watching the prices on this camera because Fleta recommended buying this one.  I saw the Sunday ad at Target for $399.00, but knew the price was right when she got one.

I also got to thinking if I did not understand something about the camera she would have one just like it so I could call and ask her rather than reading all about.  I hope Fleta loaded the software on her computer so if I don't understand something about the software, I can ask her how to use it.

The zoom is what I wanted.  Also did not want a camera like Erin's as I thought I was too stupid to process all the stuff I would have to do.  I have a canon camera that looks like this one.  Same dials and look.  To zoom I think I just pull a little trigger like on my old Canon.  My old one would zoon 12 and this one is 50.  So I am hoping I can learn to operate it.

I can always travel to Green Forest some Saturday for 'in-service".  We used to have in-service at school for all sorts of stuff.  So maybe Fleta can set up an in-service session and I can bring my camera and she can have hers and away we will go to the grave yard to practice!

You can take a longer video with this camera.  I think it said 30 minutes.  I like little short videos so I can upload them to utube...but I might learn to do a longer lone. My utube says I can upload 15 minute videos but I am thinking it would take all day to do that.

Astrid's team won their game last night at Conway.  She has never played basketball so it is new to her.  She  made the local Golden Sun 13 year old volleyball team.  This is a big deal.  Lots don't make it.  The coaches are players that are on the present time.  They really are great teachers.  Ingrid made the 11 year old team.  Sigrid likes volleyball too.  Sigrid is going to play basketball with the boys and girls club here.  Her first practice is tonight.  Last weekend Sigrid told me that she was not going to college.  I asked her way and she said "because I hate school"!

I am not posting a photo to please Helen.  I have been sick.  Last Monday a week ago Sigrid was sick and stayed with us.  I caught what she had.  She was just like a day but I have felt bad all week...better today.  It was snotty head and sore throat virus.

I have not walked but one time this week so that is on my agenda today.  I plan to only walk a couple of miles.

Helen, I play a word game on the phone.  It is scrabble digital. I love it.  I play with Coach Fisher from school...the guy who writes sports column for the local paper and with Laura.  Helen, if you have an Iphone we could play.  Fleta says she will not play as she is not good with words.  Laura can whip my booty but I am pretty good and love words.

Larry ordered us a cooker---infra red---it reminds you of the turkey cooker that you fill with oil...but this does not take oil.  You season the inside of it like an iron skilled and it bakes things like chickens, roast, etc.
It looked like it did a great job.  Sort of like a crock pot but the meat gets brown.  I will let you all know if it works well.

We have an infra red heater that works great.  Some folks call them Amish heaters.  They really just warm one room but do a good job and don't cost a huge amount.

I was wanting dry cereal today.  I don't have any cereal so I put my oats in my bowl and a handful of sliced almonds and then added a little sugar and milk. It was ok, but I bet you could roast oatmeal and almonds and it would be more tasty.

I put my camera on my sam's c card and I have a year to pay for it with no interest.  When I got home Larry tried to give me money to pay it off, but I said no, that I wanted to pay if off in the year as they offered.  I guess the cooker is Larry's christmas present and camera mine for both for both of us!

I need to buy Greta and Clayton's Christmas present. My older girls want money to go pick out their own things...and I am going to do that because it is easy.  I am trying to hire Ingrid Elizabeth to clean...I hope it works out.  Pop plays Sigrid to play with his pups.  He loves doing for the grand kids.  I do too, but sometimes I tire out.

Erin did Thanksgiving dinner and guess what my red head is doing Christmas.  Laura said we are having roast beef, mashed potatoes and I am not sure what else....well, she is fixing strawberry pie.  It will be good. I will fix what she tells me too.  When your girls offer to cook a meal, I philosophy is to do what they say and enjoy the day.

I got Sigrid a sewing basket, one of those toys that light the ceiling at night, and a volleyball.  Erin said her kids were into dressing up.  But today at walmart I went to the toy section and there were too many folks. I hate too many folks when shopping, just can't take the crowd.  Going into the store I saw two characters outside.  One's pants were at his knees nearly and his a.s was showing.  They were scanning the parking lot and I felt like the one was watching me. I was scared to get out of the truck. I locked my door.  I was near the front of walmart.  I saw a nice looking young guy going toward the store, unlocked my door and fell in step with him.  When we got to the carts he got me a cart and I told him about the 2 men and how they were watching the lot.  He was so nice.  He said you could have taken hold of my arm.  I think what they were doing was trying to see if someone did not lock their car.  But I was afraid they might be purse snatchers.  They were not black...just nasty looking white guys.

I hope Helen is happy because I have spent 30 minutes typing all this out!


No comments: