Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Dottie Renfroe Walker

I found this on FB.  It is Grandpa Renfroe's sister, Dottie with her daughters Bonnie Walker and Shirley Walker Womack.  Bonnie was in a car wreck at 15 near Bentonville, AR and in this wheel chair the rest of her life.  She out lived her mother and then lived with her Dad Arthur Walker until he died.  Uncle Arthur lived to be 99.  He left Bonnie his home.  She stayed awhile and then sold it and her brother built her a small house at Pea Ridge, AR on his place.  Larry and I went there to visit her once.  She had a big box of pictures out and told me to go through and take what I wanted.  I picked some but wanted more.  I hated to be greedy.  Bonnie died two weeks later.  She lived to be 77.   I guess she knew she had little time left.  Larry was going to look at a tractor up there.   I told him I would go if he would take me to see Bonnie.  Doyle (her brother) built the house so all the doors were wide, wide openings.  Bonnie could navigate the entire house easily.

No comments: