Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Tacks Get Dull

I wanted a 4 inch memory foam topper for the twin bed.  I ordered it from Wayfair.  Well, after a week of not getting it, I decided maybe I did not finish the order and did it again.  Next day, the first one showed up.  Yelp, I ordered it twice.  I called and they were nice (guess, the guy thought senile old lady).  They are picking one up and when I get the next one I will keep it.  Either saying applies to me--not the sharpest tack in the box or old tacks get dull!

I went to the eye doctor yesterday.  My Walmart glasses did not hold up and it had been 2 years since I had a prescription so I decided to get a new check up before I got new glasses.  They will cost 5 to 600 dollars!  So expensive.  Ann the Doc (yes, I taught her) said my eyes have improved!  Whew, maybe if I live another 10 years I may not need glasses.  I have a little glaucoma and a cataract starting, but all in all my appointment went great.  And (Fleta) it is recorded here when I went! Dr Ann said I need to come once a year now.

I forgot I had an eye doctor appointment (imagine that) and I also was supposed to take Siggie to the Brace dentist (typing this because I can not spell orthodontist).  I can't blame the spelling on age as I never could spell!  Well, Laura called the Brace place and told them about the two appointments and they said to not worry just come on when I could (they probably thought senile old granny).  I think they moved Sig's appointment a little forward to give me time, but we arrived 15 minutes before her set time.  Well, she signed in and we waited and we waited and we waited.  Siggie said that she thought maybe she did not get her name in computer.  She checked.  Yes, she did.  We waited and we waited.  Well, all sisters are different.  Ingie and Asti would have waited til"all hell froze over" before asking the receptionist.  Not, Siggie, she said that she thought she needed to see what was the problem.  She went to the desk and the girl told her she was next.  I know she was thinking--about time!  I love how she just takes charge and takes care of herself.   She said she knew the office worker at RMS where I check her out.  I asked how she knew her--come to find out--Sigrid does the announcements for RMS everyday over the school intercom.  All sisters are different, she does not even get nervous speaking in front of a crowd.  Matter of factually, she said, she did not know why she just did not.  That is Sigrid, don't worry too much about why, when, what, or how--just move forward and get going.
My Blog is a footprint of Sigrid's life--almost all of it and all of Clayton's and Greta's.  Here is Sigrid from my first blogging year.
 And here is Clayton with a turkey he made this year at school.
 This was in the AR Demo Gazette today (yes, I still take a real paper).  It is Burlington 1914.  I know Grandma Gaddy or her sisters and brothers are in this picture.  I see a woman (second on left next to back row) that reminds me of myself.  Could this be Grandma or Eva?  Her brothers are there surely sitting down front, but I just have no idea about them.
My husband has lost some weight and is wearing his "old" clothes.  I wondered how far back these went and searched here.  Well, 10 years back.  I hope we can continue to watch our weight.  We want to see our grands grow up and I want to record 10 more years of their lives.  In 10 years Asti will be 27, and the rest on their way to a grown up life.  I pray each night for my Lord to protect and keep my five Grandchildren.  They are MY footprint on this earth!

No comments: