Saturday, October 24, 2020

Decisions, Decisions

 

I bought 10 big red hens.  If Larry was still here, I would make a pie or a pound cake.  I’d cook them for his breakfast, but being alone makes my decisions stand out as maybe ridiculous.  I only eat an egg for breakfast about once a month.  I used to fix breakfast about once a week at supper.  I have 3 dozens eggs in the fridge now.  Why get 10 red hens.  I suppose it’s because I like chickens.  I had 10 banties and one red hen left in my flock.   Two of these are roosters and I have 3 sweet little Bantus chicks.  So I guess I bought 10 red hens to make me smile!

3 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

You could always sell the eggs if you want to. They would certainly be fresh. I am the same way. I used to always cook bacon and eggs for my Bob and now that he is gone I only eat eggs when I take my brother-in-law to breakfast on Wednesdays. Otherwise, I eat oatmeal.

Galla Creek said...

I eat oat bran with applesauce every morning.

Sister--Fleta said...

Well, keeping 21 hens to eat one egg a month is the wrong side of moneywise says the woman who kept a herd of 30 goats who ate all the plants in her yard that she had labored over for 3 decades.

Chickens are pests, goats are cute.