Friday, October 23, 2020

Taking Little Steps

Most days something happens and I don’t really know what I should do, but slowly I am inching forward, making decisions.  I notice even buying groceries is hard.  I bought what Larry liked.  Most of the stuff I didn’t even like.  Our world revolved around what he wanted to do, to eat.  He picked what we watched on tv.  I am now choosing, buying what I like to eat (very little meat), watching what I want to watch.  Yesterday, I voted for who and what I wanted.  I am taking little steps.  I’m thinking about the future without crying!

In difficult times, you move forward in small steps.

Do what you have to do, but little by little.

Don't think about the future, or what may happen tomorrow.

Wash the dishes.

Remove the dust.

Write a letter.

Make a soup.

You see?

You are advancing step by step.

Take a step and stop.

Rest a little.

Praise yourself.

Take another step.

Then another.

You won't notice, but your steps will grow more and more.

And the time will come when you can think about the future without crying

- Elena Mikhalkova

No comments: