Monday, January 2, 2023

Pea Dip

I’m wondering if black eyed pea dip will bring the same good luck as eating black eyed peas on New Years?  Laura made it and I’m hopeful.  Recipe by Pioneer Woman.

  • 1 can (14-ounce) Can Black-eyed Peas
  • 1/4 whole Onion, Chopped Fine
  • 1/4 c. Sour Cream
  • 8 slices Jarred Jalapenos
  • 1 c. Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
  • 3 tbsp. Salsa
  • Hot Sauce, to taste
  • Salt And Black Pepper To Taste
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drain black-eyed peas and partially mash, leaving some whole.

    Add all other ingredients, stirring to combine. 

    Spread into a 1 1/2 quart baking dish and bake for 20 to 30 minutes until hot and bubbly. 

    Serve with tortilla chips!

3 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

I may not have good luck. I can't handle peas at all! :)

Donna. W said...

I've made that two or three times. Cliff never did like black eyed peas, but he liked this dip. Of course, now I've found a recipe for black eyed peas that he does like, so that's what I make.

Sister--Fleta said...

It would probably be really tasty if you left out the peas.