Thursday, January 26, 2023

Poor Animals


 When the weather is bad I feel for all the animals.  I saw Manchi, Astrid’s horse, pawing the snow to get to the grass beneath it. Then later he was rolling in like he was taking a bath.  When the snow was on I just left my chickens in the pen.  I can’t be a very sophisticated person.  Last week a former teacher and his wife came by with egg cartons they’d saved for me.  Later I saw chicken poop on my door mat.  I swept it off the porch. Guess they saw it, too. I’m just a hillbilly and admit it. 

2 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

It happens! I am sure they thought nothing of it.

~Amy-Patsy said...

They didn't turn down your eggs! They are
the BEST! I'm sure they never gave it a second thought.
I'm right there with you...Country Girl will survive. :)
~Amy-Patsy