Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Vian, Ok

My friend Margaret and I traveled to Oklahoma yesterday to visit her cousin and my good friend--Fay Chisum Robertson.  It was a great day to be a friend.  Fay mostly stays at home.  Hauling oxygen is a chore and she tires easily!  I know she was thankful we came and we were blessed to hold her close once more.   If I lived near I would go more.  I would dry wash her hair and trim it.  I might try to add color like she always did.  What is of value changes when you near life’s exit.  Someone to tend to your personal needs is better than a big bank balance.  

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.



 

2 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

As we grow older, falling is always something that can happen. I fell a week ago at our market and messed up my right knee. It is healing some now. We have to be very careful as we age.

Far Side of Fifty said...

You are a good friend:)