Saturday, November 29, 2014

Patsy Has Crossed The Bar

On the Death of a Sister

We shared a bond of time and place,
Our lives entwined like threads in lace.
Her mother, my mother, her father mine.
We shared a room, a space in time.
Same time and place in the Universe,
All things were shared with sister first.
Who will I share with from now on?
Sister’s gone, Sister’s gone.

author: Fleta Aday
May 3, 1938   --    November 28, 2014
Patsy Ann Powell Poor--76 years, 6 months, and 25 days--suffers no more. 

Sunset and evening star,
      And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
      When I put out to sea,

   But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
      Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
      Turns again home.

   Twilight and evening bell,
      And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
      When I embark;

   For tho' from out our bourne of Time and Place
      The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
      When I have crost the bar.

Alfred Lord Tennyson

7 comments:

Donna. W said...

This makes me so sad.

Winnie said...

I am just heart broken...but, I know she is now in no pain and laughing with all her love ones!

Winnie said...

Betty have you reached Virginia? I called Sue just a little while ago.

Galla Creek said...

Winnie,
I don't have Virginia's contact info but
I feel sure Frankie will contact her.

I am so happy that she is not hurting anymore.

Linda@VS said...

Betty, I am so sorry to learn of Patsy's passing. I knew she hadn't been blogging for a couple of weeks but had no idea how sick she must have been. Though I've never met Patsy personally, I feel as though I know her well. I believe, from what she has written, that she was ready to go and catch up with Janet. I hope they have their arms around each other now.

Anonymous said...

I met all of you through Patsy. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Betty said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I enjoyed reading her blog and felt that I knew her, somehow. I'll miss her comments.