Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Medals Around Her Neck!

Sigrid got a bunch of medals at the Paris Meet.  She is clicking this year in swimming.   When she swims the back stroke it is so beautiful.  Grace in the water.  She just glides through fast and easy.   I love watching her backstroke.  This Friday she swims at Alma, AR.  Pop is going to this meet.  They always have ice cream at Brahms afterwards.

Laura took me to Sams today.  I like to buy things that last months.  I don't think I save any money especially when you count the membership.  It was a nice day being with my daughter.  We came back by Target at Conway and Laura picked up some items on sale for the girls.  I am funding some new clothes for Sigrid this school start.  there are lots of things she is not crazy about.  She does not really like stylish jeans with zippers and buttons.  She prefers pull on pants like younger kids wear.  She does not really like tennis shoes.  If hers still fit, she will not want any.  She likes those slip on shoes they call "togs" or something like that.  She does not want to wear any top that someone might be able to "see through".  She is really very modest.  She told me that she did not like teachers that talk all the time.  She said, "I want them to tell me what to do and then shut up so I can do it".  All the girls have their Daddy for a teacher in 7th grade.  Most older teacher lecture a lot.  I told Sigrid to get ready to not really like her Dad's class as he probably talks a lot.  I know I did.

Yesterday was Dad's birthday.  He was 101.  I thought of it several times but did not post about it.   He was a good man.  In old age, he was graceful about living.  He took over a lot of the stuff Momma always did.  He never complained.  I was blessed to have him, but only for 73 years.  I was 38 years old then he passed away.  He would not like our world today and I am glad he does not have to "live in" the mess we do.  

1 comment:

Margie's Musings said...

I agree he would not like today's world. It's so violent and hostile right now.