Wednesday, July 22, 2020

What Next

I have been doing pretty well.  Today, I slid backwards.  Went to the chicken pen to get the one or two eggs I usually gather.  I’ve been boiling eggs in the instant pot and feeding them back to the hens as that’s what my precious old sister said to do with the extras.  Well I lifted the lid to the nests and there were no eggs just a huge chicken snake filling  two nests.  I hate snakes.  Always, when I this happened , Larry took care of it.  Last time was last fall.  He was so sick, but he made it to the nests and ended my fear.  I Know these snakes aren’t poisonous but I don’t like big snakes in small hen nests.

I came to the house and fetched my hoe, but I couldn’t have got it out of the raised nests.  He had moved when I made it back to the pen.  So, I have decided I don’t really need chickens any more Larry was the one who loved the eggs.

I know I have to lift my chin and go on...but as the song says “looking for a place to fall apart”.  Today, it was my back porch with the sign that says Pop and Gigi’s Porch.  Brother Gary said I’d pass through sad and arrive at mad.  I hit that spot today.  I thought about taking a black magic marker and drawing a line through Pop, but instead i just sat there angry.  I am wondering what comes after anger?



No comments: