Friday, July 10, 2020

Wish I had some Sassy Tea

 Found this old information about Sassafras.  I recall Mom making it for us to drink in the spring.  It was supposed to "clean our blood".  It was good too.  I recall chewing the leaves and they had a minty taste.
I think I am existing some better.  I am able to sleep most of the night.  I have had several "bad" problems in addition to losing my love.  I have had to find a electrician, plumber, mechanic, meadow mower, yard mower, and I am slowly getting all these spots filled...before Larry did all these things.  It is just overwhelming, but I am making progress and finally I will be able to see daylight. 

I am thankful for my two daughters.  So glad one child lives next door.  I have two sisters to encourage me daily and some good friends, especially my old friend Jonell.  Also, I have my cousin, Virginia, who has lived through what I am feeling.  It all helps so much.  I have support and I will get back to being the "old" me.  I like to sit around and read.  I feel guilty about just sitting around.  I am 70, and not as energetic as I once was.  On top of all this is the dreaded death that looms near always.  It is like an oppressive blanket smothering us all.  Will be go glad when it subsides.  Where I live the cases continue to climb up, up, up!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Mama made us sassafras tea when we were little too. We always loved it. Glad you are feeling some better. ~Amy-Patsy

Galla Creek said...

And of course, I have Amy Patsy.

Margie's Musings said...

My friend, Gay, lost her husband last winter and she asked a neighbor to come and show she how to work her mower so she could mow her pasture up to the house herself. She is 82. She has horses and takes care of them herself. She still goes on trail rides too.

Until this year, I mowed my own yard with a power push mower. I will be 85 in December. All this sitting around has taken my stamina. I hate that. I always enjoyed doing the mowing and thought that helped to keep me active. I now pay a young girl to do it for me weekly.

Galla Creek said...

I hope next year to buy a new mower. Larry's was old. I can't operate it. I am not a great a girl as Gay I guess.