Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Ready for School

 I don’t remember a year I didn’t get new school clothes.  Usually it was three outfits.  We took our ” school clothes” off when we got home each day.  Until I was in Jr. High, Momma sewed most of our clothes.  I got new skirts and shirts or dresses.  Girls could not wear slacks to school when I attended elementary school.  Larry loved giving money for the grandkids school clothes.  They came over and did a modeling show for us.  I bought each of mine something new this year.  Siggie and Ingie chose shoes. Astrid chose black nursing scrubs. Student nurses at ATU must wear black scrubs.  I bought Clayton some “tall” items.  I told Laura to buy a new outfit for herself.  This is what she chose.  Her Daddy would have loved it.  Green was his favorite color💚


4 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a cute dress...and a beautiful daughter too! How wonderful that you give back to school gifts...afterall you can't take it with you!

happyone said...

She looks lovely in her new dress. :)

Margie's Musings said...

She sure does!!!

~Amy-Patsy said...

My beautiful friend. She looks lovely in her new dress. Her actions are lovely as well.<3
~Amy-Patsy