Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Cold, Cold Heart

Bradley Cove Road in front of my house yesterday.  Snow was packed.  Laura sent me this.  I haven’t ventured out in a vehicle.
I’m dressed like Second Lady when I go out in snow and cold.
This morning it was 4 degrees here. I’m sure Sister Fleta and Erin were much colder.  Erin said she will work some today.  Wishing all safe traveling.  Laura texted me to be ready to go walk about 2 PM.  Will be above freezing.  She and Eric still have no school. Sigrid starts ATU today virtual.  I hope she does well again this semester.  Ingie hasn’t had to drive to Baptist in Little Rock yet but I’m sure she’ll be back at it tomorrow.   Astrid drove I 40 yesterday to work at Clarksville and today she works in Conway.  I’m sure she left early.  Hope she is safely there.

I don’t have to get out so I haven’t.  I try to be extra careful when I feed and water the birds and chickens.  Phinnie won’t go out unless I go too.  His hair is falling out in handfuls.  I think his shedding means spring is just around the bend.  Helen reminds me when we talk that I said I was happy for cooler weather and I have what I wished for.
 

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I dress for warmth not fashion. It will be warmer for you soon!