Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Find a Hobby

I have several hobbies.  I bird watch, crochet, walk, read, solve puzzles, grow my family tree.  I have 68,000 people in my tree.  I am 6th cousins with some removes to Tiffany Trump!  I work DNA puzzles for people trying to find a parent.  

I learned to crochet when I was in my 20’s.  I continue this hobby.  It’s very relaxing and rewarding.  Laura learned to crochet less than a year.  I tried to teach her when she was younger, but her friend Amy is a better teacher than I am.   Recently, she made several ear warmers.  She’s created a Christmas vest.  Today she came by before school wearing this sweater she crocheted.

I hope you have some hobbies.


4 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

Very attractive!

Anonymous said...

I can’t compete with her, she set the bar too high.

~Amy-Patsy said...

Laura has the passion which makes teaching
her easy peasy.

She took off and has ran with it. I love her desire and passion
for the craft.

I'm blessed with an amazing lifelong friend.
~Amy-Patsy

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a pretty sweater Laura made! I have to have hobbies or Winter time would drive me nuts and since I am a yarn hoarder it is a good thing I can knit and crochet! Stay warm during your cold spell!