Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A Year Ago

I wanted to stack the panels up that I had used in the garden for my Kentucky Wonder pole beans.  The wind was a little brisk.  The temperature is 53.  I came back inside and decided to wait until it was a little warmer to do the stacking chore.  We have the garden ready to disk other than this row of panels.  When Larry got the Kubota out, it had a flat on a front tire.  It is always something.  I came back inside and looked in my picture folder for January 2014 and saw what it was like a year ago.  Everything is relative,  I have decided 53 is really warm compared to the ice storm of last year.

Also, today, Patsy has been gone 2 months.  I miss looking each day to see if she has made a post.  Always I was hoping that something would be there.  On the last, she only posted videos from FB.  She merely had to hit share and did not really have to type.  Fleta said she was nearly blind and had trouble typing.  When Fleta went to her house to help her with something on the computer Patsy had to get about 2 inches from the screen to see anything.  She never let on and even denied her problem until the end.  She never wanted to ask for help.  She never wanted to depend on anyone.  She wanted to be self sufficient. I miss her negativeness, her choosing the opposite view.  She was sort of grouchy and I miss that so.  What a grand lady she was.  Jonell told me about riding to Berryville one summer with Patsy--working hard at a chicken plant.  Patsy took riders to help pay for the gas.  One early morning along the way, they had a flat.  Jonell thought "oh, dear, what will we do".  She said Patsy was out of the car. In no time she had the trunk up, tire out, car jacked up, tire changed and they were on their way!  She tried to never stumble and if she did she wanted to hide it.  Sharing this song as a memory to my sweet, sour Sister, Patsy, as she was like a fine old violin!

2 comments:

Winnie said...

Oh how I miss her 😘

Sister--Helen said...

Thankful....good weather..I do miss ole Pat too...but she just was in such bad shape for so long...She just did not feel like doing anything...even argueing...LOL