Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Promises of Things To Come

Today I had to carry water to the chickens as their water was froze, but on my way back to the house I noticed my Easter Lily flower bed showed signs of spring and blooms to come.  The days are getting longer.  The shortest day was December 20th and every couple of days we add a minute.  Does not seem like much but I notice it already.  

Potatoes need to be planted in about a month here and onions can be set out.  Spring is just around the corner.....and I wait with anticipation for those yellow blooms!  Here is the same corner of that flower bed last spring!

2 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

oh my Betty....throw some straw on those plants!

Galla Creek said...

These early easter lilies like the cold. You don't have to cover them. They are very hardy.