Thursday, January 1, 2015

Starting Again

Bible verse for Deb's photo is
And I will surely hide my face in that day for all the evils which they shall have wrought, in that they are turned unto other gods.
A God is anything that we place value to over our Lord God.  So it is not what we often think of but all the things that we put first!   
In January you can always "start over".  Also, I remember not long 'til warmer weather.  It will take me the entire year to get used to saying 2015...then it will be 2016.  2015 is a big year for me...I will be 65 this year.  

I know the Books of the New Testament, now.  The Old Testament is not that hard either if you divide it into sections and learn the sections.  The sections in numbers go 5, 12, 5, 5, 12.  This adds up to 39 Books.  Also, recall that 3 x 9 = 27 or the number of Books in the New Testament.   Isiah is just like the entire Bible.  Isiah has 66 Chapters.  The first 39 begin differently than the last 27.  Isiah is said to be the entire Bible again!  Now, to the sections of the Old Testament, I label them this way.
Law 5 Books
History 12 Books
Poetry 5 Books
Major Prophets 5 Books (just bigger not better)
Minor Prophets 12 Books

Don't try to say the 39 without a breath.  Say 5 breathe, say 12 breathe, say 5 breathe, say 5 breathe, say 12!  Saying it in segments will make it easier.

The Books of Moses--G, E, L, N, and D.  If you have trouble with order of the last 3 Books.  Remember they exited, left, in numbers duetotheenemy.  That will help remember the order.  

The next 12 Books are really easy.  Joshua Judges Ruth makes a sentence.  So you have 3.  Then you have the couples--twos--Samuel, Kings, and Chronicles...they run backward to the alphabet.  Notice, S then K and finally C.  Then remember ene.  That is the ending of lots of words.  It stands for Ezra Nehemiah Esther. 

Now the Books of wisdom or poetry.  I can always remember that Job is next to Esther so it starts Job, then Proverbs, Psalm (no s on that word, Eric taught me that long ago and lots of folks put an s), Ecclesiastes and Solomon.  Think of this Jesus purges Powell's every sin.  That gives you the order...and I am that Powell.

Now the 5 major prophets.  They are larger not more important.  Isiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, and Daniel.  The tip to remember is ...first two end IAH Lamentations is in the middle and last two end IEL!  Remember H is before L, but probably you can recall that Isiah is the first book of the prophets.  So, its Isiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel and Daniel!

The last 12, I am still working on.  I know them but want some help keys to remember them.

Help for the Law--Genesis is first and then exit leave by  huge numbers duetotheenemy  or Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.

The 12 or the History are really easy...Joshua, Judges, Ruth (makes a sentence and then the pairs in backward abc order) 1st and 2nd Samuel, 1st and 2nd Kings, 1st and 2nd Chronicles.  Then remember how ene is often the end of words and the three Books are Ezra, Nehemiah, and Esther!  Esther is the only book in the Bible that does not mention God.

The Wisdom or Poetry Books start with Job.  I can always recall that Esther and Job are together.  And my little key is Jesus purges Powell's every sin.  Job, Proverbs, Psalm,  Ecclesiastes, and Solomon.

The 5 Major Phophets are easy remember two iah divided by lamenting and then iel and h comes before l and is first so it's
Isiah, Jeremiah     Lamentations   Ezekiel, Daniel!  Easy Peasy!

I have not worked on the last 12.  But I think they will be easy too.  I have these first 4 sections down.  Also, in my mind several times a day I go back and say the New Testament so I continue to know those.

Helen, when you have these first 4 segments and the New Testament...I will find keys for the last 12 Minor Prophets.

No comments: