Sunday, January 18, 2015

Home Groan

I groan a lot.  But I try to do it at home.  It is another pretty day and Laura has invited me to walk at 3.  I can't wait.  I enjoy it and 3 will be the warmest part of the day.

I am doing a study book on Hebrews that Erin shared with me.  It is really good.  Today's lesson is about faith.  I often worry about why I don't have more faith.  The book of Hebrews explained it all to me.  We should pray for understanding but we will not understand all things.  My faith in my Savior is strong and steadfast.  I have little faith in people.  I think that my experiences in my 60 plus years has set that belief.  People let us down everyday.   Also, Hebrews states that we can not put our faith in our own abilities.  Does that make sense?  When we have super strength believing in ourself we do not rely on Him.    So faith is only in our Savior.   He will care for us and be steadfast, but when we put great faith in others, events, and even ourselves we are often let down.  The worst thing is putting faith in "things or objects" as they have no value and will pass away.
As Paul said... (I think it is in Romans.  Romans and Hebrews have similar messages.  Hebrews was to Jews and Romans to Gentiles.)

14For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. 16If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

Also, I feel safe that God forgives my sin because Christ died and shed his blood for my wretchedness and then rose and sits at the right hand of God intervening for me.  What I have a problem with is forgiving myself. 

Now, with no further groaning.  Look at my beautiful Ingrid.  My husband, children and grandchildren are God's greatest blessing to me.  Ingrid went to a party for her friend who turned 13.  They had a photo shoot.  I know it was fun for them.  Ingrid is so beautiful.  

Then at the bottom is sweet Greta watching cartoons and studying her pretty face in the mirror.  Greta has her friends with her at the cartoon fest.  I recall Laura and Erin watching cartoons Saturday morning just as Greta is doing. 





No comments: