Thursday, February 12, 2015

Been Being A Little Lazy

 Helen called and it was good to hear her cheery voice.  Helen is always cheerful and it is uplifting to talk to her.  She asked what I have been doing...well, not a lot....but I have been sleeping good and feeling good.

Above you can see that my Clayton is doing great in first grade.  Below, I heard on tv that some folks do the crossword in ink.  So I tried the one in the local paper.  It is easier than the Demo-Gazette puzzle.  I had a couple of mark overs, but really did it all pretty well in ink.  In the morning, I sometimes watch the channel news and do the puzzle.  I know, Helen, that is not very productive, but it is the truth.  Laura and I play scrabble and Fish and I play, but they both work so some days they can not babysit me by playing Word.
 Larry is making a shadow box for Astrid's award winning phone book.  It is nice and I will post a picture when he is finished.  Below he fixed a key holder for the wall to put our keys on.  I did not realize how much I would love it.  It is great.  He made little wooden key labels for the rings.  Larry has 14 tractors, a backhoe, a skidster, a fourwheeler, a buggy, and much more.  We loose keys sometimes and this hanger is going to be a mind saver for me.  When I can not find something, I can't get it off my mind until I locate it.  This week it was our boots.  When we were redoing the living room closet, I moved them so Larry could paint and floor it.  I looked one evening and then got busy with it the next day.  I finally found them.  I had stuck them in the heating closet.

Larry is building me an outside storage next.  I plan to put my stuff out there that I don't use very often.  I want everything labeled and organized.  He says it will have loft...more room.  I do have several valuable collections--plastic folgers cans, mayo jars, old screws, nails and so much more!  
 My 85 year old friend gave me this bird feeder for Christmas.  The bottom is a chicken feeder and the top is a mason jar.  It was too big of holes for black sunflower but perfect for corn.  I hated to hang it out to get bird poop on but made myself.  The top hanger Richard gave me.  He made it out of old pipe (single tree I forgot what you called it)  I think Larry bought me the bottom one at a sale.
 Sigrid is doing problem solving at school.  How do I get this oreo off my forehead and into my mouth!  Looks like she almost has it!

No comments: