Friday, February 20, 2015

Yippity Skippity

This is why they call off school when there is ice on the roads.  A bus is like a big bath tub sliding down the road.  I always said I would rather make up a day than see this happen.  A new bill has been introduced to allow schools to make up an hour a day.  A day is 5 hours so in one week of staying late they could make up one day.  Also, if a school lets out a 12 it will not count a day because the children have not been there long enough.  Personally, I think if the bus runs it should count a day if they let out because of weather.  After the tests are taken (Bench Mark) make up days are silly.  They could use extra time before testing but those make up days in June are useless!
 The weatherman missed the forecast for us!  We were supposed to get ice at 3 this morning but it went south of us.  The weather and news is a joke.  It is hype hype hype.  I want Tom Bonner back. Just give the report without all the scare tactics.
 This is Erin's new bed cover.  I like it.  Notice the bed.  Greg made it and it is really beautiful.
 Ingrid is hanging out with her friends in the RMS locker room.  She loves her friends and has a great time doing whatever she is doing.  She is wearing converse shoes that Pop and Gigi gave her money to buy, I think.
Astrid's last basketball game is this next week at North Little Rock and then we will have soccer until late spring.  Busy, busy, busy girl.

1 comment:

Winnie said...

What great pictures....thank you so much for sharing. If it ever gets warm....I will take this tablet over to the Apple Store and maybe I will get back to the point I can post again...arghhhhh!