Tuesday, February 17, 2015

TBH

I am learning the lingo.  I think TBH stands for to be honest.  I know yw is your are welcome.  This is text message talk.  Helen called last week and said "what have you been doing".    I lied and said "not much".  But TBH I have spent a lot of time looking into Uncle Luckey's family.  First, I wanted to find his kids.  I recall Helen and him discussing them when I went to their Camp home with them in 1968.  I recall Gary and ???.  Well, her name was Sharlene.  Gary was Sharlene's husband.  I could remember a boy...Terry...I thought.  I found Uncle Luckey's obit.  No boy.  Then I could recall a riff.  Terry after he was almost grown decided to let his step father adopt him.  He was left out of the obit.  Then, Helen, I decided to find that first wife, an illusive woman.  I don't recall any mention of her.  Well, in 1940, Uncle Luckey is married to her and he is a mechanic.  Her name was Della.  I found her last name Spitsnaugle.  One technique in hunting someone down is to "find a grave".  Then in the same grave yard look for the other last names.  I spent several hours and I found Della.  She married in about 1946 to a swede named Martin.  Terry went by that last name.  He, too, is dead.  As is Gary, Sharlene's husband.  Sharlene is still living so I will not add that last name.  But TBH, I found them all.  Maybe I should have been a detective.   One of my favorite things to do is to investigate a mystery of dead people and solve it.  So TBH I was doing something when I said NOT!  I knew Helen would not be impressed so I just told her not much!

The picture of Helen and Luckey is in front of their first home in KC.  Her shoes are back in style.  I think Helen and Luckey were very happy together--tbh.  YW.

2 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

TBH I was very interested in this....would love to see aunt helen's will....tid Betty...or track it down....

Galla Creek said...

About only wills on line r those family have added.