Monday, August 31, 2015

Lois Rudd's Banana Muffins

 Sweet Jonell sent me her Aunt Lois' Banana Bread recipe.  Jonell makes muffins from it.  It is as good as Jonell said.
3 ripe bananas smashed
1 cup sugar (I used 3/4s cup)
1/2 cup of vegetable oil (I used healthy coconut oil)
scant teaspoon baking soda
3 Tablespoons Sour Cream (Jonell thinks this is the secret ingredient)
2 eggs
1 t. cinnamon and a dash of nutmeg (spices make me sick so I left this out and added Tspoon of vanilla)
1/2 cup of chopped nuts (I used pecans as that is what I had)
then add a 1 1/2 cup to 2 cups of self rising flour (enough to make thick and I added about a half cup of quick cook oats first and then used the flour until mixture was thick)
for muffins bake at 350 degrees for 22 minutes (this amount of time was perfect)
made 18 muffins for me the size you see below!

No comments: