Friday, February 19, 2016

Just a Little Titmouse

 This is the only mouse I like.  Isn't it a delicate little bird.  I love the little tuft  on it's head.  The Titmouse is shy and hides on the back side of the feeder when I try to take a picture, but I snapped this one from inside the house before he could fly away.  A big song comes from this tiny bird.

A little gray bird with an echoing voice, the Tufted Titmouse is common in eastern deciduous forests and a frequent visitor to feeders. The large black eyes, small, round bill, and brushy crest gives these birds a quiet but eager expression that matches the way they flit through canopies, hang from twig-ends, and drop in to bird feeders. When a titmouse finds a large seed, you’ll see it carry the prize to a perch and crack it with sharp whacks of its stout bill.
I hope "My New Patsy" will tell me if this is not the bird I think it is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes!!! :) It is a Tufted Titmouse....or at
least that is what I have been told. Such
sweet little birds with a BIG song. I love
them. Hopefully I will have some at my feeders.
~Amy(Your New Patsy) :)