Saturday, December 15, 2018

A Steadfast Friend

Laura has an old friend.  Katie is not old but they have been friends for a long, long time.  Not as long as Jonell and I as our friendship started in 5th grade at Green Forest Elementery--best I can figure that was 1960.   We never have had a cross word because Jonell is just too nice.  Katie and Laura became friends in Middle School.  So maybe that would be 1986 or so.  As far as I know, they have never had a disagreement.  Katie is just too nice.   Katie's husband is a professor at West Point.  West Point is near NYC so Katie made sure to make her way to see Laura and our two girls.  Katie has two girls also!  Katie is a CPA.   I love that Laura and her friend are getting spend time together.  Two sweet girls!

3 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

As Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton always sing..."You can't make old friends".

Galla Creek said...

Oh, Margie, I love that saying!

Sister--Helen said...

Laura Jean lifelong friends are big comforter I'm glad you have one