Monday, December 3, 2018

First New Furniture

 Astrid bought a brand new couch.  I gave her spray to scotch guard it.  She bought it "on time".  She is establishing credit.  I recall the first couch we bought new.  Like Astrid we started with a used one.  Mine was sort of pinky colored and we bought it from a old lady and gentleman who had taken great care of it, but "pinky" was a problem.  The one we bought was black naugahyde.  It was really a good couch.  But black does get old and wooden frames were the style.  So we gave that one to Grandma and Grandpa Renfroe and went with oak frame with a fabric cover.  I wish I still had that one as it was nice.  I know Astrid will always remember her couch.  I think it is the first thing she has bought on credit. 
 She has started redoing her table and she bought a corner hutch.  She will have to put the same finish on the hutch.  Guess who else bought a corner hutch as one of the first pieces of furniture--me.  Mine was a knotty pine.  Wish I still had it. 

1 comment:

Margie's Musings said...

That hutch is nice. So is the sofa!