Thursday, December 13, 2018

Getting a Raise

Social Security sent us a letter today letting us know that we are getting a raise in January.  I will get about 35 dollars more.  Laura and Ingrid and Sigrid are in N Y for Ingie's  birthday.  Sigrid;s pants were sagging in the rear and she had to be checked by TSA.  I know they will see a Rockette's Show but really don't know what else they will do.  Sigrid will give us a full report when she returns.  She texted Astrid from her mother's phone and found out what one of her Christmas gifts is.  I really don't know if it was Astrid she fooled into tellling or her Mom but I think it surely shows she is gifted and talented!

It is rained all day.   Makes one feel a little dreary.  Least it was not cold.
 Astrid with the help of her friend, Logan, put in a new sink and counter top in the master bath at the Galla House.  I went over to take Astrid something this week and my heart was blessed by how well she keeps the house!  Her closet could be featured in a home magazine.  She painted the bathroom cabinet blue.  It's hard to see in this picture, but it all looks great.
 Erin shared some of Greta's work from this week.  Boys and girls are really different.  When Clayton was in 2nd grade, you could hardly read what he wrote.  He knew answers but writing it down was a chore he did not enjoy.

Erin spotted this at Harrison and sent it asking if I would want to buy this yarn.  A store is closing.  Well, I can't even use up what Helen sent me.  I could never needle up all this yarn! 

Looking for a sunny day.

3 comments:

Margie's Musings said...

I got a $38.00 raise. Every little bit helps!

Anonymous said...

I could get lost in the yarn store! lol ~Amy-Patsy

Galla Creek said...

Yes, Margie, that will pay the water bill.

Amy~patsy, you could create lots of good stuff with all that yarn.