Thursday, February 23, 2023

Good Books


I read a lot!  I don’t enjoy fiction but like books that about real people. Sadly, I notice reading doesn’t burn many calories!  Both books are better than tv. 

Laura bought the “Milkman’s Son” for me for Valentine’s Day.  I help folks with DNA mysteries and she knew I’d enjoy the book.  A man from Mesa, AZ is helping his Dad build his genealogical tree.  He hits a brick wall and decides to take a DNA test to help find his ancestors.  At 57 years, he finds he not related to any of the family lines he is chasing, instead he matches folks with a weird polish name from New Jersey.

“Dinners with Ruth” is by Nina Totenburg and is about her friendship with RBG!  I admire both ladies and have a strong belief that friendships should be cherished.  Friends don’t need to be “like” you.  Be a friend.


 

1 comment:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Sounds like some good books:)