Thursday, February 16, 2023

Sunny Day

The chickens often drink from the bird bath.  They search the ground beneath the bird feeding area for food.
Yesterday was sunny and the chickens were excited when I turned them out at 2 PM.

I’m going to see my cousin Irene today. March 5, she will be 85.  I ordered her 2 dresses.  She is only 4’6” now.  She has a colostomy and many health issues, but still sees a life worth living.  I enjoy doing little things for her.  She’s too weak to even go to the grocery store, but she attends church.  I pray for her.

My friend Kay will have therapy M W and F next week and Dr. appointment Tuesday.  That will fill my time.  I finished one baby blanket and am working on a second for Logans’s sister.  She’s naming her little girl Navy Mae.  I like the name.   The blankets are crotchet.  Crotchet is an old French word from the 14th century.  It means small hook or a staff with a hook on the end.  It comes from canine tooth originally. It can mean something is bent like one’s back. 

2 comments:

~Amy-Patsy said...

Gigi-
Please post pictures of your baby afghans.
I would love to see them.
~Amy-Patsy

Donna. W said...

It's not a sunny day here! Freezing rain and a little snow. Slick roads this morning, not that we got out on them. In the morning, temperatures in the teens. Typical of Missouri, we have two or three days of cold and nastiness, then a couple of spring-like days.