Wednesday, February 22, 2023

So Pretty


 Amy~Patsy made this baby blanket.  Laura said it was pale blue.  I really like the trim.  Amy copied the pattern for me.  I’m going to try it after I finish the one I’m working on.

My friend got her stitches out today.  Tomorrow she goes to therapy.  I’m hoping after she visits the Dr. next Tuesday she’ll be able to drive herself.  There are lots of pitiful old folks.  I saw a waiting room full of them as I waited for Kay.  I saw worn out shoes and dirty clothing.  Most were pushing rolling walkers and had no dentures.  I came away from there very saddened.  Some visited and were really pleasant.  I supposed they don’t realize their situation.  I am blessed and have been my entire life.  I’ve always been able to think and reason.  I’m grateful I inherited some intelligence. 

Thank you, God, for the life you have blessed me with. Thank you for the opportunities that I have been given and for the strength to make the most of them. Thank you for guiding me through difficult times and for giving me the courage to face whatever comes my way. Most of all, thank you for your unconditional love and support, which has seen me through every challenge and kept me going. You are an ever-present source of comfort and hope, and I am deeply grateful for all that you have done for me.

2 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

I know how you feel, when my Dad was in the Nursing home I wonder how some of those women kept warm in what they were wearing. I am glad I don't know anyone in the Nursing Home right now. That will be a pretty pattern to crochet!

~Amy-Patsy said...

Thank you Gigi for your sweet reminder of how blessed we truly are. You
will enjoy crocheting the pretty afghan.
~Amy-Patsy