Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Curious?

 This is Martha Villines and John Bohannan Harp.  One of her names was Arizona--thus Zone as in Merle's song about his grandmother.  Below is Merle and is Dad James Haggard.  The Haggard roots go back to Barry County, Mo.  I would bet that they are the same family that was associated with Jesse Maples in Tennessee.  He married Mildred Haggard after our grandmother, Jemina Atchley Maples died.  Fleta and I think Mildred was Mima's sister.  She and Jesse were old when they wed.  I found the picture of Merle and his Dad at ancestry.  Some folks load the pictures so small that you can't get a good look, but I can tell Merle looks like his father.  John and Zone Harp were parents to Flossie Mae Harp who married James Francis Haggard.  We are related to John Harp not Arizona.  I think the Haggards are the same family that was associated with our Maples family.  Mr. Haggard that Mildred married I think was a preacher.


No comments: