Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Finches and Flowers

 My Phlox is taking hold.  Below is my Redbud tree.  Larry dug it up from the fence row behind the garage and we put it near our Catalpa tree near the pond.  The first summer I carried water to it when the weather turned dry and last summer I watered it a few times.  This year I reaped my reward as it has blooms.  It is not even a waist high tree as of yet.

 I call the above wild violets but I really don't know what they are.  I call the ones below Blue Bells.

 Is this a Purple Finch or a House Finch?  I think it is just a House Finch but it is really pretty.  Of course this the the male, the female is just dull brown.

 I think the above bird is a Sap Sucker, not a woodpecker, but I could be wrong.  Below is a little Yellow Finch or Wild Canary as they are called.

 I was able to pull onions and chop in Larry's salad last night.  The cabbage are growing and the potatoes are nearly all up.

No comments: