Sunday, April 13, 2014

Irises and Idle Days

 I don't have to work. I can be idle.  That is hard for me to get used to.  Sigrid designed the peacock and I bought a cup for Larry and note cards for me. It is a beautiful image.
 This Woodpecker lives in my yard.  I see him daily and am happy to have him living in my trees.

 The rose is looking better this year...fuller with more life.
 My white lilac is blooming.  Larry's Mom moved it here from her old place.  I have a purple lilac at the Galla Creek house from Momma's bush.  Momma got the lilac from Grandma Gaddy.  Larry bought me a purple lilac but it is not old enough to bloom.

 This is the first Iris bloom I have seen this year.  I took a bad angle to the picture so it is not really pretty.  Larry's friend gave me this old tool for a flower garden ornament.  We think it was used in a saw mill to splice something together, a belt that ran the saw.

No comments: