Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Horses and Cow Bells

I would call this horse a red dapple.  My neighbor loves horses and has about 10 for an 8 acre field.  Too many, but they do try to take care of them.
 I re assembled Erin's wind chime.  She gave it to me in the 1990's.  The strings holding the chimes rotted and the center piece broke.  I bought a candle holder and tied the chimes to it with fishing twine.  I had a piece of round wood left from where Larry had cut a hole in something and the ring from a piece of chain.  It all worked but it hangs cockeyed which I hate.  Notice Patsy's cowbell!  The wind has to blow hard for it to sound.  The wheel where all this hangs was given to me by my brother and my husband mounted it on the rusty pipe.  I love it all and like to sit outside when the wind is blowing and listen to the sounds.

Below are some of my neighbors horses.  My favorite is the jack.  He brays and I love to hear the hee haw sound.  I don't enjoy horses though.  Too many folks want them and then leave them unattended.  It costs a lot to keep up a horse.  If you get tired of a cow, I guess you can always eat it.


No comments: