Thursday, June 25, 2015

Fanny Farmer

 I plowed the rest of the garden.  My tiller is a gem.
 I hoed out the okra.  All I have is okra, corn, peppers and tomatoes.  The other stuff rotted in May.  About 10 hill of potaoes came up but I just had Larry plow them under.
 I have different types of corn--two types.  This one is later.
 Larry tilled this up with the big tractor for me.  It was onions and grass.  I just could not get all of the grass out.  I finally gave up. We are going to plant turnips and mustard here but that will be August I think.  Larry knows all that kind of stuff.  Even if I used to know, I don't know much now.
 Some of the corn is starting to put on ears.
 My Forgotten Dreams Day lilies are starting to bloom.  They are really pretty.
 My Cone flowers are sort of washed out.  I keep thinking about all those seeds that will fall.
 My Impatients and ferns are luscious.
 Larry mowed and I used my weed whacker around the carport.
 These lilies put forth this stalk after they bloom.  It will soon turn a bright orange.   Patsy told me what they were but I forgot.
 This lily is blooming again. It has never done that.
 I was not sure if this was a flower or a weed...but I think it is some type of lily and is going to have an orange bloom.
 Got my birthday present today. Already have it ready to mail back.  Then it will take 6 weeks for the results to be posted.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

My flowers area impatients. Computer corrected wrong. I wish I could turn that off!