Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Tilling and Chilling

Put Jesus in your heart!
Laura took this picture at Falling Water!  I think it is really neat.

I am getting rid of garden grass and weeds with the tiller.  The corn will have grass in between the stalks, but it is too far gone for me to hoe it all.  Hopefully, when the corn grows tall it will cause a shade and the grass will be less.  After tilling, I have to come in and chill as the humidity is atrocious.

I walked my two miles today at 7:30...and boy it was already hot.  Larry built my third flower bed in front of the house.  I will take a picture when I venture out.  I am letting the chickens out late most days and then locking the gate when it gets dark and they go on the roost.

Donna, I want to set a hen.  When they start setting (or is it sitting) my nests are high off the floor. Larry built me a little nest.  I left eggs in it hoping the little Bantie would move on that nest, but she will not.  When I try to isolate a hen, they quit the nest.  What am I doing wrong"

I saw a doe this evening with two little twin babies.  Even I thought they looked sweet.  Grabbed my camera but they rushed away.  I guess she has been taking them to my okra as something was eating it.  I put the black stuff down and they have stayed away.  I hope they did not kill the okra they topped off!



2 comments:

Sister--Helen said...

The tree is neat...carved 1 heart and years later carved another one inside it and deeper....wonder if it was the same person....wonder if he had the same sweetheart...you started walking a little earlier this morning...maybe it will not be hot...I have been up over an hr and not coughed yet...maybe I am better...Old sister walks her legs off.she better find her miles walked or she may pass the place she was going..ha ..Glad you have someone to ask about the hen...Fleta and I just say, 'anyone that would know is dead.' so we have no one to ask anything...I depend on Fleta...what a hoot...I think this will be another day on the couch for me, I don't want to cough..Have a good day sister...love you.

Margie's Musings said...

Check the internet...someone out there will have the answer.