Saturday, June 27, 2015

Shelter From The Storm

 I was so happy when the rain came last evening.
 But with it came strong winds.  We lost a Cherry tree on the dog kennel.
 Limbs from every tree in the yard.  Limbs were everywhere.
 Maple fell in front of the house but it missed the roof.
 Big limb fell out of the Walnut tree.

I picked up limbs instead of going on my walk and then we worked on the Maple.  We got it cut up and moved to the brush pile.  The electricity went off last night at 7 and did not come back on until noon today.  All in all we were lucky!  We will have to work on the Cherry tree next.  A Mulberry tree blew over near the back of the Meadow.  It is actually on the neighbor so I hope we can just push
what is on our side to his with the bucket of the tractor.  Did not get much sleep without the electricity on it was stuffy inside.  The cooling has spoiled me!
Rainbow when the storm passed.  Not a good picture but it was there.  The Rainbow signifies a covenant between God and man.
I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.

1 comment:

Margie's Musings said...

That looks like a terrible wind storm. I'm glad you are safe.