Friday, June 5, 2015

Finally Friday

For Family and Friends that work...I guess it is a happy day...finally Friday!
 This is some kind of lily.  Someone sent it to Ethel when she passed, 1998.  It usually blooms early May, but this year it has waited until June.  All those blooms will cascade out of the center stalk and then it is finished for the year.  It only blooms a few days but is really beautiful when it does.
 I have baby woodpeckers.  When we moved here I would hear woodpeckers once in a while, but now I see them daily and I have several.  I like watching them.  They nest far from my house.  I have watched them carry a grain of corn off to where ever the nest is.  I don't know if they raise more and once a year.  I know Blue birds and Sparrows raise more than once.  I have enough hummingbirds now that they have consumed most of my sugar water.  I will refill the feeders soon.
Poor Larry has to stay as busy as the little birds.  The tiller worked for about 3 rows which I had to till more than once as the grass was thick.  He thought it had a vapor lock.  When it cooled, that should have fixed it but it did not.  He got a bucket and sat in the hot sun taking it apart.  First, he thought was the fuel pump.  Some how he figured out it was pumping gas.  Then he took the gas take off again. He had painted the outside.  I got a Folgers can and he emptied the gas which we had just put in.  It was full of grime.  He had put a fuel filter on the gas line and I suppose he knew after 20 years it would be like this.  He says "old gas turns to vanish."  Well, the plug that let the gas out of the bottom of the tank was completely clogged up.  Today he said he will work on that and see what happens.  I really want the tiller so I appreciate all his smarts in fixing things.  He says "give me time and I can fix things but I am not fast.  I need to think about it."  He says sometimes hours later it dawns on him what is wrong.   He should have been an engineer.      

No comments: